Tuesday, May 19, 2009

IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES !!!!!!!

IRRECONCILABLE DIFFERENCES.

I really wish I could support our current leadership here in aviation land.

I truly know how important solidarity is to an organization like ours. But I just can't seem to get past what Pat has done in his tenure as our President. You don't circumvent the supreme convention body that represents every member lock, stock, and barrel!!!! It's just not done. You don't leave a Union Brother or Sister behind. You just don't do it. You don't have secrets from your membership. It's just not right. You don't lie to your membership. It's not the way to garner support or instill trust. You don't lock out your EVP from any White House meetings because they are running against you in the upcoming election. Solidarity starts at the top. What does this division of the House do for this organization? It's makes it weak. What example have you set for the next generation. ME ME ME, nothing else matters. I don't know what else to do. I have to let our leadership know how I feel.

Banned from the BBS for life. Why because I typed F4ck just like the author of the post. I am a member in good standing. I have the same rights has the rest of the membership, correct? No, I can't even get updates on the BBS from our own President. I can't stay informed. Do I get a dues rebate, or reduction, absolutely not!!!!!!!! Bottom line we don't censor each other. We have become so much like the F$$ that it sickens me. I think I just threw up in my mouth. The same Administration that is trying to destroy our organization and our profession is who we choose to imitate. The same evil leadership that put us in this predicament is who we choose to follow. We have to be better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shouldn't have to throw Pat under the bus. I should be able to engage in robust debate and agree to disagree. This is what made our organization great, free thought,brain storming, and an occasional fuck you over cocktails at the bar. Many of our greatest ideas have come from robust debate and an F-bomb or two.Too many people greater than anyone of us have paid the ultimate price with their lives to protect our freedoms. Don't let their sacrifice be in vain. Don't call a brother a brother or a sister a sister if you aren't going to run up the hill and give your whole heart and soul with them. Solidarity is not just a catch phrase, It is the backbone of any labor organization. Ours is no different.

Let's hand the torch to the next generation with proud memories of what we have accomplished together. Let's leave this great profession with our heads held high knowing we made it better for the flying public and the next generation of brothers and sisters that will continue in our fight for safety above all.

"Anyone but Pat in 2009"

If you think we don't need to fix ourselves first, and then set an example for the next generation, then my friends you are sadly mistaken.


Angry Fokker

No comments: