Monday, November 17, 2008

Solidarity is not just a catch phrase !!!!!!!!!

I belong to an Aviation organization. I have been a proud member for over 21 years. It seems when times get tough, our current leadership would prefer to just bury their heads in the sand. We have two former officials that our in dire need of our help. They are involved in a law suit that is paramount to free speech, in my opinion. The membership voted to help these individuals, and yet our leadership refuses to follow the direction of our delegates. This is contrary to our bylaws.

Solidarity is the back bone of organized labor. Strength in numbers is the only way a workforce can level the playing field in negotiations and the protection of their members. Without solidarity our organization is powerless and weak. I have been sickened by this lack of fortitude by the leadership of this association. We have lost site of what is important. Brotherhood and Sisterhood. Taking care of one another. Supporting each other in good times and in bad. The people in my profession know exactly who I am talking about.




To these individuals, if you continue to refuse to comply with your supreme body, if you continue to let our brothers hang in the wind, then my friends this organization is doomed, and you are sadly mistaken if you think I will stand idle and let you continue with this travesty.




Angry Fokker

No comments: