Sunday, January 4, 2009

Don't ever fear failure!

I never thought I would play guitar, let alone build one. I built this Tele for my best friend Mike V.
It is a solid ash body, with quilt maple top, Lindy Fralin pickups, Wilkinson bridge and tuners, 4way switch, custom neck and control plates, curly maple neck, and Dean Markley blue steel strings. I was afraid and excited at the same time. I really did my homework, but still made mistakes.

It's like Edison said: " I didn't fail one thousand times, I just learned a thousand ways not to make a light bulb ." I think that this is the only attitude to have in this life. I guess I learned how not to put string ferrules in. I learned to be patient. I learned to wait for all the parts,, then set up the guitar drill the holes and then finish the guitar. I've been told it plays better than it looks. I wish Mike much more success with all his future work and thank him for using this guitar on one of his up coming productions.

I would mostly like to thank my father, for teaching me so much in this life, for always trying new things, to always do my very best, to not fear failure, but prepare for success, a man's word is his bond, and anything worth doing is worth giving your very very best. He is the greatest teacher I have ever known! We sometimes have to agree, to disagree, but never forget I love you POP!






Don't ever be afraid to fail, fear of failure will only paralyze you. If you don't think you should take chances in this life and attack what you fear the most, then my friends I believe you are truly missing out, and are sadly mistaken.

Angry Fokker

No comments: